Each year the local, independent and non-profit Memorial Society of Northern Virginia compares local funeral home prices for a “Standard Funeral Service.” Prices are voluntarily provided by these funeral homes, and you can contact the Memorial Society of Northern Virginia to verify what’s shown here. Only one of these funeral homes is actually family owned and operated — Cunningham Turch. The rest are corporate owned, needing to satisfy shareholders in all but “arguably” one case.
Standard Funeral Service includes:
- Bringing your loved one into our care at the funeral home for embalming, cosmetology, normal restoration and dressing.
- Professional and administrative services including basic services and overhead of funeral director and staff including care for the deceased, filing of death certificates, coordination with clergy and cemetery, arranging obituary notice placement.
- Use of funeral home’s facilities for viewing (immediately prior to ceremony) and funeral service, or supervision of viewing and ceremony at another facility. (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Arrangements for and care of flowers.
- Hearse to local cemetery in Virginia.
*Note: Casket, Vault, opening and closing of grave and other costs not included in the Standard Funeral Service price. No substations allowed. Please call 703-549-1800 for additional info on other affordable packages.
My Personal Guarantee:
“If you are not completely satisfied with our services, we will not charge you for that portion of the service.” — Michael Turch, Owner